Some pools allow athletes to store their mesh bags on deck. If you have to take your mesh bag home, it dries easily in the back of a car or your garage. The air holes allow just enough ventilation to prevent moisture from causing issues.
I store the following pieces of equipment in my mesh bag:
- Kickboard (I rock a purple kickboard because I’m a wildcat)
- Extra set of goggles
- Pull Buoy (I prefer the kind with adjustable straps)
- Hand Paddles (I never use a wrist strap)
- Front Breathing Freestyle Snorkel (possibly my favorite piece of equipment ever)
- 10″ of PVC Pipe (for Catch Up Drills)
- Fins (must I explain?)
What’s in your mesh bag? If you don’t have one yet, you can find them at most swimming outlets.