I’ve never made my own aioli before – but with my food processor, it was super easy! To make this dish Paleo, don’t sprinkle any Parmesan on it before baking. This dish was so good I’d make it for guests.
4 Salmon Fillets
2 Egg Yolks at Room Temp
1 Bunch Basil
1 Bunch Dill
2-4 Cloves of Garlic
Salt to Taste
Pepper to Taste
2 TB Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
10 TB EVOO
Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
Prep Time: 1 Hour
Directions for the Aioli (which can be made up to a day in advance):
- Combine the egg yolks, basil, dill, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor. Add a small dash of salt and pepper.
- Turn the food processor on and SLOWLY add a few drops of EVOO to mix. Continue adding EVOO drop by drop until it begins to get thicker. Once the aioli has begun to thicken you can begin drizzling the EVOO instead of adding it drop by drop. Make sure you drizzle it slowly, so the aioli is properly emulsified.
- Chill until needed.
Directions for the Salmon:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and place the salmon fillets on them skin side down.
- Spoon the aioli over the salmon fillets, spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over the aioli, patting it gently so it sticks.
- Bake for twenty minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Serve!