I came up with this dish this morning because I wanted something that was fresh, healthy and filling. It isn’t something I’d make on race day because it took some time to prep, but it would be good on a recovery day or after an early morning swim.
Grating the sweet potatoes in advance or using a food processor can save a lot of time. You can also save time buy purchasing the Pico De Gallo instead of making it from scratch.
1 Sweet Potato, Grated & Patted Dry
4 Cups Spinach
8 Oz Smoked Salmon
1/2 Cup Pico De Gallo
1 TB Italian Seasoning
Dash Garlic Powder
Prep Time: 45 Min
- Pour a splash of EVOO into a saute pan and heat to medium. Combine the Italian Seasoning and sweet potato in a bowl. When the oil is hot, add the sweet potato mixture to the pan. Stir and flip to make sure the potatoes cook evenly.
- Fill a pan with water and turn to high heat. Add a splash of EVOO to keep the water from boiling over. Once the water is boiling, turn the heat down so that you have a rolling boil.
- When the sweet potatoes are nice and crisp, divide the mixture among four plates and set aside. Put another dash of EVOO into the same saute pan and heat. Add the spinach and dash of garlic powder. Stir until the spinach is wilted and then divide the spinach and set atop the sweet potato stacks.
- Crack the eggs and add them to the boiling water.
- While the eggs are poaching, divide the salmon and place over the spinach and sweet potatoes.
- Use a slotted spoon to set the poached eggs on top of the stacks. Top each stack with fresh Pico De Gallo.
- Serve and Enjoy!